Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Music Makes You Lose Control

Inspired by the Missy Elliot song (that I haven't heard in years), the title says it all.  Over the past few nights I have been cruising through my music selection trying to find the right song to fall asleep to.  Chopin, Coltrane, Muse, John Mayer, Marcus Miller, and Rick James are just a few of the various artists I've given a shot to take me to the dreamland but to no avail.  The only thing that happens is I start listening deeply to the mixing of the albums, where the instruments are in the mix, the composition and so forth.  After doing so, I re-realized that music has such an amazing effect/affect on each individual in such a different manner.  For instance, when I was listening to Muse (Hysteria; great bass line) I let it have a lulling effect rather than a driving force behind a work out that I typically use the song for.  For a song to have multiple uses for one person is pretty amazing, so just imagine what another person's take on it may yield.

That's the amazing thing about music, a song that may make one cry makes another happy, or another angry, or another not feel anything at all.  And with that said, I tip my hat to you music (if you were a being)!

No comments:

Post a Comment